Thursday, February 5, 2009

A week in the life of... 2/5/09

Last week we had an ice storm that closed the school for 3 days. The boys LOVED school being closed but that meant that I had to stay home from work. I love having the occassional day home, but let me tell you some truth... I am NOT cut out to be a stay-at-home mom! I was going bonkers! They were wild because they couldn't go outside & play (well, they did but would only last about 5-10 minutes at a time because of how cold it was) and we couldn't get in the car & drive anywhere. Even though I couldn't go to work, I still was able to work online from home (gotta love today's technology!) but it is hard to get much done when I am constantly having to play referree.. "mom, Kameron hit me!" "I did not!" "Yes you did...just like this!" "Mom, Kaleb hit me!". Gggrrrr!!! Please tell me that I am not the only one that has this problem!?!

Bryan ended up staying home from work on Friday because he now has the *crud* that I had a month ago. It starts off with a fever for about 4 days and then the cough begins as it moves into your voice box area. Now, today is Thursday and he has not voice at all. He's been back to work all week but his voice was getting more & more horse. So, this morning he walks into work and whispers "good morning" with no voice and they say "good bye". So, he came back home today. He scared the pee out of me when he walked into the house as I was getting ready for work. I heard the front door open & then I saw his shadow around the corner... he better be lucky I didn't stick a hot curling iron on his face! LOL! Anyway, he went to the doctor today & they gave him two shots in the booty and said to stay home from work again tomorrow. I know how he feels... it took an entire month for me to start feeling better & I am STILL battling the cough & runny nose! I hope his doesn't last as long (I didn't go get shots in my booty).

Monday night, my nephew, Ricky, had his coronation for Mr & Miss Del City High School. He represented baseball. He looked so handsome in his tuxedo. I got a few pictures but they are on my iPhone and I haven't gotten them off, yet. I will post them when I do.

Right now, I am sitting at Kameron's basketball practice. It is almost over. I have a hard time sitting for a solid hour without having something to do. Hooray for the trusty laptop and wireless internet! :)

Looks like practice is over, gotta go!

No comments: